MSc Global Sustainable Cities
The new MSc in Global Sustainable Cities is an innovative programme focussed on tackling major urban opportunities and issues. The 12 month degree prepares graduates with the skills to plan, deliver and manage innovative solutions to tackle urban sustainability challenges.
The programme has been developed by the Institute for Future Cities at the University of Strathclyde (Glasgow), building on real world experience gained from international sustainable city projects, including STEP UP.
The MSc is designed to give students a holistic understanding of how cities operate and provide students with the tools to redesign city systems, raise funding, and gain political and citizen support for transformative city strategies and projects.
The Masters in Global Sustainable Cities is an innovative taught programme with a problem-solving focus. There is a strong emphasis on students developing and applying their skills to real-world city situations, with expert guest speakers, opportunities for international experience, and learning from placements working in genuine projects in two different cities.
- Enhanced employment prospects for graduates through two work-based placements, in place of a traditional dissertation
- Key focus on developing professional strategic-thinking, communication and leadership skills essential for success
- Interdisciplinary focus, reflecting the interrelated and complex systems of city environments
- Latest knowledge and insights incorporated from leading business, government and academic experts through guest speakers and case studies
- Opportunities to develop international experience through overseas project placements
- Flexible learning options, allowing students to pursue individual interests and diversify their skills
- Excellent opportunities for engagement and networking with a range of city-focussed and innovative organisations
To find out more about the programme, including admissions information, visit the programme website or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org