WP3 - Development of Innovative Projects
- Identify best practice energy projects in partner and learning network cities
- Identify best practice energy solutions and lighthouse projects in partner and learning network cities
- Define the winning elements of these “lighthouse” projects and promote them
- Define in depth the common challenges in our cities
- Identify integrated project opportunities with potential for execution between 2013 and 2020, based on analysis done for SEAPs in WP3 and the current pipeline of projects in our cities
- Develop several innovative projects in each city, including the following elements: project concept, descriptions of key actors,stakeholder engagement, project economics, energy calculations and key performance indicators
- Show that integrated approach between sectors and actors achieves better energy efficiency and economics than traditional approaches.
Description of Work and Role of Partners:
The innovative projects developed in this work package draw inspiration from best practice solutions and winning elements from “lighthouse” initiatives employing the integrated approach. The “Lighthouse” initiatives have the explicit goal of accelerating changes in perceptions and beliefs on a wide scale. Similar projects are being developed across all four cities to increase learning effects, knowledge transfer and replication potential across Europe.
This work package is being delivered in each city by teams of local partners, supported by key experts and organisations in our international partnership.
|Lighthouse Initiatives – Each of the STEP UP cities has identified lighthouse initiatives in their cities which take an integrated approach, have high impact and replication potential and feature a range of different sectors || |
|Developing Sustainable Energy Projects- A STEP UP Guide for Cities – This guidebook provides recommendations and advice for cities looking to develop sustainable energy projects that offer high impact and multiple benefits for the city. |
|Contact - Erica Enquist - SP |